Red Alert Wax Floor Safety Coating System
IDEAL USERS OF Red Alert Wax
- Retail Stores
- Shopping Malls
- Government Buildings
- Museums and other Historic Landmarks
- Medical Facilities
- Entertainment Venues
- Manufacturing Plants
- Airports/Train Stations
How Do Slips and Falls Happen?
Statistics show that the majority 66% of falls happen on the same surface level resulting from slips and trips. The remaining 34% are falls from a height. This is according to current records from OSHA.
Slips happen where there is too little friction or traction between the footwear and the walking surface. Common causes of slips are:
- Wet or oily surfaces
- Occasional spills
- Weather hazards
- Loose, unanchored rugs or mats
- Flooring or other walking surfaces that do not have the same degree of traction in all areas
Cost of Slips and Falls in the Workplace
- Slips and falls can happen anywhere in your operation
- Slips and falls can result in serious injury, disability or death
- Costs to the employer and worker can be substantial
Cost to the Employer:
- Loss of productivity and potential business revenue
- Risk of lawsuit filed by injured employee
- Additional employee’s compensation claim(s) filed resulting in higher insurance premiums
- Cost associated with training replacement
Cost to the Employee:
- Loss of wages and financial strain on the family
- Inability to return to work
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Reduced quality of life
Current “Spill” Alert Procedure Vs. Red Alert Method
- Rely on an eye witness to alert employee to a spill
- Trail visitors with wet shoes or umbrellas in order to mop up wet areas before liquid accumulates
- Employee or customer falls due to a wet floor.
Red Alert Wax
Floor turns red where the liquid is laying making the potential hazard easy to see and prompting people to steer clear of this area allowing employee time to quickly remove the liquid before an accident occurs.
How to apply Red Alert Wax
- Strip current floor wax
- Clean and dry floor
- Apply 3 to 5 coats with your current waxing methods.
- Allow to floor to dry 20 minutes.
Red Alert Wax Floor Coating in it’s normal state with no water spills.
Red Alert Wax Floor Coating when wet from a water spill. Color change is within the first 3 to 10 seconds of water hitting floor.
Red Alert Wax Floor Coating after water was mopped up from the spill. The floor starts to return to it’s clear and shiny state once all wetness is gone. It will stay reddish in color until completely dry.
Red Alert Wax Floor Coating returns to the original shine when floor is completely dry. This takes the same amount of time as a normal floor wax takes to completely dry. The difference is Red Alert shows that the floor is wet.